Wednesday, August 31, 2005

'Poop Reading' of the Month

The selection for this month’s bathroom reading goes to “The Selected Letters of John Wesley”, by Frederick C. Gill. One might ask, what exactly is “poop reading”? Well, if one honestly thinks about it, one can spend around 5 minutes a day by just going to the bathroom. So, I think, why not pass the time by reading a book, after all, it is valuable time going to waste. Think about it, 5 minutes a day, 7 day’s a week (not including sick days, which could add more time to one’s reading); 4 times a month…that is an average of 140 pages a month. WOW, all that by just sitting on the toilet!
By the way, once I am finished with the book, you are more than welcome to borrow it :) !

8 comments:

Jason Fry said...

very interesting post...ummm...i must say that you are thinking about how you can completely utilize your time...i guess your just being a good stewart, though kind of disturbing. hehe.

Summers said...

HA! Now that I am a Seminary student, I must utilize my time...at least that is my excuse!

Jason Fry said...

By the way...if you want to be a good "stewart" go for it. But I think being a good STEWARD is a better deal:-D Sorry I'm incompetent and can't spell worth a "crap." Peace out.

pk said...

Here's my question though:

What does that say about your view of Wesley???

Summers said...

I would say the view expresses that though Wesley’s writings can be spirit filled and deep, they are still very applicable and practical to one’s life.

Mike Cline said...

I'm going through Wesleyan Church History right now, with J Fry I believe. I think I'll be reading a little Wesley myself. Not to mention I haven't gotten started on any of his Works. only 14 Volumes to go...lol

by the way, did you get my phone call? Sorry i'm harassing you, I'm just trying to get the application done as fast as possible, before school work loads up as well.

Mike

Summers said...

Sorry I haven't responded to your phone message. I had some meetings in Grand Rapids for the upcoming Wesleyan Youth Convention.
However, I would love to fill out a recommendation for you...what schools were they again? Dallas Seminary, Denver Seminary, and Gordon-Conwell? :)
Talk with you soon!

Mike Cline said...

yeah...actually my top choice is Calvin College lol


(although, princeton heads that direction. Dang Presbys)